Vaccines – Are they going to kill my dog?
Are they a waste of my valuable money?
1. Parvo virus - deadly viral diarrhoea
2. Distemper - virus
3. Viral Hepatitis - virus
5. Bordatella (similar to whooping cough in kids) - bacteria
This proven vaccine is a DIFFERENT vaccine to the one being used in current annual regimes.
The important thing to get across is this, the vaccines being used in Australia are incredibly safe. The 3 years DHP from Intervet and the yearly vaccines, are all incredibly safe. In 11 years of practice and many thousands I have vaccinated, I have never seen a cancer case related to vaccines and never seen a direct disease associated with a vaccine apart from the very infrequent injection site abscess/inflammation.
People are basing their decisions not to vaccinate on 2 things
1. Perceived danger of over vaccination (see above paragraph about safety)
2. Belief that one vaccine when the dog was a puppy will be enough (immunity is complex, boosting is essential part of any protection).
1. Decrease in "herd" or population immunity, leading to more outbreaks and higher risk to the individual
2. Increased individual risk to preventable diseases that have been quiet for years e.g. distemper
Dr Stephen Rose
Animal Doctors Port Macquarie