|AD Team, missing Natalie, Dr Kirrily, Dr Lorraine, Jodie|
A big warm hello from Animal Doctors. In this post we have
A year in review
2012 an exciting year ahead, what to expect from Animal Doctors
This last month has been full of itchy smelly skin cases, and insect bites and tick cases. There have been a few new products, including a new DAP collar (pheromone) to help settle stressed puppies. I have also heard further rumours of a long lasting tick collar coming that is usable on cats (exciting).
Fleas have been "jumping out of the ground" recently, with large numbers much earlier than expected. It is worth protecting all members of the house before any infestation can take hold. It is a common frustration from clients once they try hundreds of dollars worth of "products" to control fleas, only to need the right advice and EARLY preventation. Just quietly, flea collars are not a good product ;).
All the Team wishes you a very safe Christmas and a great 2012.
Moments of pleasure, pride and triumph for us include
- 2 new babies, Congrats Dr Kirrily and Nurse Jodie
- Dr Lorraine completing her Post Graduate Small Animal Surgery course
- Inaugural Puppy Masterclasses
- Purchase of laproscopic equipment, meaning miminal pain for abdominal biopsies
- Purchase of advanced anaesthetic monitoring equipment, rarely seen outside Universtiy clinics, for safer and better patient anaesthetics
- Purchase of endoscope, allowing for pain free intestinal investigation and biopsies
- Upgrade of our dental drill, not that an air driven bright LED handpiece will push your buttons, it does ours, and it means a quicker, better dental surgery for your pet!
- 2 stem cell therapies trialled, first in Port Macquarie
- 2 new Nursing Team members, hitting the ground running, Tammy and Anna
- Countless positive outcome cases that make our day worthwhile, it has been thrilling (and some tear jerkers)
- Purchase of animal specific stretchers, allowing for less sedation and better positioned x-rays, better, safer and quicker for your pet
- New logo, letterhead, signage !!!
- Our first in house smartphone application went live, delivering pet health articles , tips, maps to android smartphones, all free.
- Genetic disease screening, and parentage testing
- Much MUCH more, but this list is getting long enough, suffice to say, we have grown and stretched ourselves to our very best this year.
2012 - an exciting year aheadThings we are looking forward to this year..... and a tad excited about.......
- Dr Johanna starting her Post Graduate Feline Medicine course
- Further in house integration of patient images to better track patient recovery and progress
- New tick collar available for cats
- Renovation of consulting rooms to allow increased patient contact time with the Team
- In house repaint, maybe the purple walls will go.........
- Client masterclass sessions, such as ticks, arthritis, kidney, heart problems
- New website coming soon.........
- Several more Smartphone apps, medication reminder versions, map, info and more.
- Adaptation of new products and equipment, after serious scrutiny. We won't sell, use or offer anything we wouldn't use for our own family.
- Improved in house systems and procedures. Something you won't be aware of if everything goes well.
- Better communication with our clients, in all areas.
We Love our Technology - wanna connect?
Haven't seen us online? Loads of choice depending on your flavourPlease come say hello!
- Facebook - www.Facebook.com/animaldoctors
- Twitter - www.twitter.com/animaldoctors
- Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116761330992689607053/
- Blog - http://blog.animaldoctors.com.au
- Pet Map - http://map.animaldoctors.com.au
- Flea Tick comparison table - http://blog.animaldoctors.com.au/p/product-comparisons.html